Summer is here and I’m sharing my top ten travel items with a holistic approach. Travel and holistic health are passions of mine and there are so many natural options one can use to help ease long hours of travel and side effects of traveling. Here is my must haves!
1. Betonite clay: You can order this powdered clay online and it’s a must have. You can use it for bites, stings, upset stomach and more. If you come down with a stomach bug or diarrhea take 1 teaspoon in a glass of water. The clay expands in your belly and will kill anything in there. It will help alleviate constantly running to the bathroom.
2. Natural calm magnesium powder. This helps with sleep. Time change can be a real beast on the body so I take a tablespoon at night in hot water. This particular one has melatonin, gaba, L theanine, all things to help the brain be relaxed. You can find it st any health food store. (See pic below.)
3. Xylo sweet packets. Xylitol is a natural sweetener made from the birch tree sap. I don’t like to use sugar as it leaches minerals from the bone as well as feeds yeast and cancer. Xylitol has no aftertaste and is used just like sugar. I always carry some in my purse!
4. Young Living Essential Oils:
I use them internally and well as topically. Thieves oil is antifungal, antiviral, antibacterial. I rub a drop on the bottoms of my feet on the plane and a drop in my water bottle. It wards of flu and cold germs. You can wear it too!
5. Conscious coconut oil in a tube. Genius idea! This makes coconut oil portable! This oil has a million ways to be used. Can be applied to wet hair to keep frizz down and nourish hair and scalp, also great for the skin instead of lotions with fragrance and chemicals. 1 teaspoon eaten on an empty stomach helps burn fat! Once I have a good base tan I use it on legs and lower body to enchance an amazing tan!
6. Eminence Organics Skincare/ Facial Recovery Serum:
A gem of a serum that will hydrate the driest skin and give you a stellar glow. The air on the plane is as dry as the Sahara desert! That’s dry! All 100% organic ingredients and small enough to carry on in your bag of purse. Good for men and women! Steer clear of alcohol and opt for water to help hydrate from the inside out.
7. Goddess Garden organic suntan lotion:
All organic ingredients that goes on smooth and not chalky. I’ve tried my fair share and this one is the best! They have tiny travel sizes at Whole Foods or big bottles for family size. Regular sunscreen has chemicals and fragrances which are toxic to the body. Many holistic health doctors believe the chemical sunscreen, on the skin, in the sun, is what causes some forms of skin cancer. Hawaii recently banned regular sunscreen as they have linked the harmful effects to the death of the fish in the ocean and near the coral reefs. Maybe time to make a switch?
8. Clean Well organic hand sanitizer. Great to put in your pocket or on the go on your trip as we pick up so many germs through touch. I always carry one in my purse and use it in place of washing my hands when I can’t get to a sink! Kills 99.9% of bacteria and germs.
9. Dr Schmidt’s organic deodorant. Regular deodorant has aluminum in it which is considered a heavy metal and toxic to the body in holistic medicine. Heavy metals store in your fat cells and is believed to be linked to Alzheimer’s. We are bombarded with these toxins in our food, polluted air, water and rain. A yearly cleanse of heavy metals reduces the build up in the fat cells and is ideal to stay on top of health. Think about how many years one may use this toxic chemical over a lifetime? Make a change and do less violence to your temple!
10. Jason’s travel size toothpaste. A good idea to carry some on with a toothbrush. I’ve been in situations where my bag was delayed and couldn’t brush my teeth til i found a store! Not a good feeling! Sans flouride which has finally been classified as a toxic chemical to humans. Look for toothpaste with no SLS or sodium laureth sulfate, another chemical used to create a foaming affect. SLS is a paraben, which mimics estrogen in the body. Too much estrogen shift and you get cancer. We need to work to eliminate this stuff from our skin, hair and face products! Thr more we buy the organic stuff the less of the other will be in demand. The way you spend counts!